Commentary and archival information about the pentagon papers from the new york times news about the pentagon papers articles published in the new york times. This book is the definitive edition of the pentagon papers as published by the new york times in 1971 interrupted by a temporary restraining order and 15 days of litigation culminating in the supreme court decision. In 1971 by which time president richard nixon had managed to involve the united states even more deeply in the war the new york times published a blockbuster series of articles based on mcnamaras study they came to be known as the pentagon papers and now hold an essential place in the legacy of twentieth century american journalism. The new york times begins publishing portions of the 47 volume pentagon analysis of how the us commitment in southeast asia grew over a period of three decades
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.